You can still eat your favorite foods and even lose weight- isn’t it a good idea? If you are interested in burning fat with the easiest method, then you have come to the right place. Recent research states that fasting for one day or twice in a week might extend our life span up to 35 %. OMAD is also known as one meal a day diet, which is a prolonged version of intermittent fasting. In this post, we will elaborate on the OMAD diet and the benefits of the OMAD diet.
Definition of OMAD diet:
OMAD is known as one meal a day diet where you consume only one meal instead of three meals and a snack in a day. OMAD diet is an extended version of intermittent fasting. OMAD diet is a sibling of a Warrior diet. In traditional fasting, you fast for 12 hours
How does it work?
We might be aware that OMAD is an extended version of intermittent fasting. The prolonged fasting in OMAD is beneficial to our health in several ways.
- Following an OMAD diet helped in increasing productivity, and helped in focusing better.
- OMAD helps in reducing weight because you eat only once a day and by doing this, you restrict your calorie intake, and you start losing weight.
- It also helps in boosting up metabolism, and our body goes through the autophagy process and helps in burning fat, and it also reduces the risk of chronic diseases. We will elaborate in detail about the benefits of the OMAD diet.
How to begin with one meal a day diet plan?
One meal a day diet can be challenging intermittent fasting schedule for beginners. Avoid food for 23 hours can be quite challenging because it might cause stress, and you may also feel fatigued. The primary aim of the OMAD diet is not pushing your body to face difficulties, but it helps in improving our overall health.
If you are a beginner to OMAD then here are the few tips to follow:
- Begin your journey with intermittent fasting every alternative day by consuming a healthy snack after your workout.
- Start your intermittent fasting with shorter duration like 12:14 16:8 and 20:4 and slowly build up to fast for 23 hours a day.
- You can also try fasting one meal a day once a week and gradually build up the following two days in a week. By doing this, you will gain the confidence to follow the OMAD diet.
The Benefits of One meal a day diet plan:
Following an extended period of fasting helps in controlling stress hormones, and it is beneficial in several ways. Let me point of a list of benefits of the OMAD diet.
Fasting has improved effects on our metabolism and it also helps in burning fat effectively. OMAD also helps in reducing insulin levels, and it has excellent results in controlling blood sugar.
Fasting helps in reducing the stress of the digestive system. Following one meal a day helped in reducing digestive syndrome and aids in improved digestion.
Following an OMAD diet helped in activating autophagy. Once our body has achieved autophagy, it helps in cleaning up damaged cells, removes toxins, and prevents further cell damage. It also helped in treating several neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Aids weight loss:
Fasting helps in using fat as your fuel, and it burns more fat during this phase. Fasting triggers the changes in our body and helps in burning much fat, than the expected, and this helps in reducing weight. It promotes rapid weight loss. This is one of the significant benefits of the OMAD diet.
What are the risks of the OMAD diet?
- This diet is not recommended for beginners.
- Since our body uses fat for the burning purpose, we might experience brain fog.
- Women dieting during their menopause might slow down the fat-burning process.
- People who have diabetes should refrain from the OMAD diet.
Since our body goes through different metabolism and reaction to diet, it is recommended to consult your physician before starting any diet. Pregnant women and lactating women should not follow this diet. OMAD diet is an effective and easiest method to follow, and it also helps in improving your nutritious intake of food. Start your journey with intermittent fasting and build up doing OMAD. Stay healthy!.